[youtube height=”315″ width=”560″ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2IgS8J-rNg[/youtube]
Description of the activity
In the recent years we have seen that many schools have opted to include English in subjects such as mathematics or science, which has been effective in improving the competence of students in both areas.Throughout this process of implementation of these practises it has been generated a theoretical framework from different research and experiences, in order to ensure effective development and quality.This course provides a methodological basis for CLIL (Content Language Integrated Learning) and ICT resources (research, mind maps, presentations, audio and video editors…) always related to the different aspects presented.
This course will be done in English and it is not only addressed to English teachers but also to all educators interested in discovering a new and effective methodology.
- Updated Internet navigator (such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, others).
- Text processor (open office writer, MS Word, others).
- PDF reader (for example, Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader).
- Basic knowledge of ICT.
- Promote the implementation of the key aspects of CLIL methodology.
- Generate different materials and activities, under the CLIL framework and ICT resources implementation.
- Reflect on the teaching practice in order to integrate new strategies and ensure quality learning opportunities.
- Module 0: Introduction and updating
- Module 1: CLIL General Framework
- Module 2: Cognition (Bloom’s Taxonomy)
- Module 3: Evaluation
- Module 4: ICT resources in the English classroom
- Module 5: Cooperative work
- Module 6: CLIL programming
This is an on-line course, so connected to internet and using this virtual classroom. It is very important to actively participate in the forums suggested to make the course more rewarding and we encourage you to explore all proposed materials, and dare you to be creative and experiment with ICT tools. The final project will contribute to summarize all your knowledge with all submitted content.
To pass this course it is required to:
- Participate in debates and forums.
- Complete the activities proposed in each module. The assessment activities must be submitted before the deadline, these activities will be returned with a comment or feedback.
- Do the final project.
From 1 to 17 July 2015
Marta Cabeza @mcabeza
Maestra de primaria especialista en lengua inglesa en la Escola Emili Vallès de Igualada (Barcelona). Formadora de docentes sobre metodologia AICLE.
Almodis Orellana @almodis
Maestra de primaria, especialista de inglés en la Escola Emili Vallès de Igualada. Formadora de docentes sobre herramientas TAC y metodologia AICLE.